vinyl liner pool build in Ontario, Canada NEW PICTURES

At first I thought, that's the biggest, deepest, most rectangular pool I've seen. Then I wondered why the walls were styrofoam, then I saw the pic on page 2 and realized it's a.......house? For the inlaws?

rcy said:
At first I thought, that's the biggest, deepest, most rectangular pool I've seen. Then I wondered why the walls were styrofoam, then I saw the pic on page 2 and realized it's a.......house? For the inlaws?

that's what the neighboUrs are worried about... :mrgreen:

its a long story...i didn't plan on putting a basement...it just kinda happened.

and the training course i took for those blocks had 2 pool builders in it. they are using these to form and insulate pools now. you can get curved forms. you can do it concrete, or drop a liner. i considered it, but then decided against it and ordered a regular pool kit.

armstrr said:
rcy said:

that's what the neighboUrs are worried about... :mrgreen:

its a long story...i didn't plan on putting a basement...it just kinda happened.

and the training course i took for those blocks had 2 pool builders in it. they are using these to form and insulate pools now. you can get curved forms. you can do it concrete, or drop a liner. i considered it, but then decided against it and ordered a regular pool kit.

Interesting...I wonder how much heat is lost through the pool walls in a normal steel wall vinyl pool, or even a concrete pool. Would the styrofoam help with that? When it comes to dropping a liner, wouldn't the styrofoam be too soft (like easily dented)?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You mean the pool is not going in the house :shock:

I too thought the styrofoam was for the pool,....then I thought what a neat indoor pool.

Nice work, can't wait to see more. :goodjob:

Thanks,
John.

rcy said:
armstrr said:
rcy said:
Interesting...I wonder how much heat is lost through the pool walls in a normal steel wall vinyl pool, or even a concrete pool. Would the styrofoam help with that? When it comes to dropping a liner, wouldn't the styrofoam be too soft (like easily dented)?

It is 2 5/8" foam on either side of the concrete. I believe it ends up being an r23 wall. Just imaging pouring hot coffee in a concrete or steel cup. I wouldn't pick it up... Of course the greater the thermal gradient, the more effect the styrofoam will have. I think if you want to heat a pool in the shoulder seasons, it would be much less costly if it it were insulated by these forms. Of course you would keep a lid on the coffee, same as it is important to use a solar cover. Evaporation is the enemy.

The foam is actually very sturdy. It takes a lot of force to dent it. Above grade it would be a lot easier then underwater... I suppose I'd you purposely kneed it... But remember, it is backed by concrete, so you can only compress it so far.

panels were installed as pool dug. a mini was used, so he threw behind him and a skid steer moved the earth (well....sand). you can see from how high my shop on the right is, we hit the water table, so the last picture was no great shock

Attachments

• photoe.JPG
    photoe.JPG
    208.3 KB · Views: 156
  • photoe.JPG
    photoe.JPG
    208.3 KB · Views: 156
  • photoc.JPG
    photoc.JPG
    211.7 KB · Views: 155

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.