Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: vinyl liner pool build in Ontario, Canada NEW PICTURES

Re: vinyl liner pool build in Ontario, Canada NEW PICTURES

What is the size of the pool in gallons?
    I am in process of building about the same size double roman (20x46) and was suggested to use IC60 cell.
    IG double roman vinyl 40x20. 35000 gal. 9' deep. Diving board.Pentair 400HD gas heater, ItelliFlow Variable Flow pump, 520 cartridge filter, two pentair G5 lights, IC60 SWG cell.
    Photo album: http://slava.no-ip.org/~poolpic/photo

my math comes out to 33000 gallons. the pool proper is 20x43, with the stairs making it a few inchs shy of 47' long. Haunch to Haunch, the pool is 38', then the roman ends add 2.5' each.

I guess my math was wrong. i looked at the dig sheet and it says it is a little less than 27000gal, then add a little for the swimout and stairs...
    The big dig has begun! 20x47' double roman vinyl liner pool. Pentair EasyTouch 8PSC-IC40, Polaris 9300xi, Interfab Turbotwister slide, S.R. Smith T7 diving board with LED lit waterfall, 011018 Pentair IntelliFlo, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Filter CCP420, Pentair 120V IntelliBrite LED, Cleardeck indeck solar reel, 530 sq' solar system vinyl-liner-pool-build-in-ontario-canada-new-pictures-t30213.html

I really liked watching this build. I am in the process of a similar project. I was curious if the one LED light was enough? Any picks with the light on? And when you back filled what did you do to compact the soil before laying the concrete? I am decided on weather I build the pool, back fill, and then wait until spring to do liner and concrete or fill it up and winterize before we get a freeze. Thanks
    Under construction DIY 20x40 vinyl liner steel wall pool, Pentair 2hp wisperflo, Pentair tr100 sand filter, Pentair Minimax 400k heater, diving board, 8 foot sit n step, xtream waterslide, 1700 concrete deck, one amazing wife, 4 children and two German shepherds.

vinyl liner pool build in Ontario, Canada NEW PICTURES

Sorry so late... No picks with the lights on... Since they have not yet been on. Soon though!

I used a walk behind plate tamper slightly moistening before. I also used a rod right up against the pool walls to make sure there were no voids. Best to use clear gravel if you can... Packs best, no settling. Next is sand then loam. Last would be clay. Avoid using it.

Good luck. I'll post more
    Pics soon
    The big dig has begun! 20x47' double roman vinyl liner pool. Pentair EasyTouch 8PSC-IC40, Polaris 9300xi, Interfab Turbotwister slide, S.R. Smith T7 diving board with LED lit waterfall, 011018 Pentair IntelliFlo, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Filter CCP420, Pentair 120V IntelliBrite LED, Cleardeck indeck solar reel, 530 sq' solar system vinyl-liner-pool-build-in-ontario-canada-new-pictures-t30213.html

finishing the odds and ends: fence, grading, sod, tying in solar, automation system, diving board... (ok, i have lots to do still!)

i lost the battle on growing my own grass. 15400sf of sod was delivered and installed (pool party for my sodding friends TBA). That's me on the Kubota doing some final grading. I scored a great deal on an oversized safety cover. where it overlaps more than recommended i have made wear strips.
    Attached Images Attached Images

and a few more. these are in reverse order. i pulled the cover off...went to TFP...read the pool opening sticky. followed directions. last picture is saturday night, middle is sunday morning and first one is monday morning. approx 7 182oz bottles of clorox, 24/7 filtering and Robbie the Robot in action...

last ones for now. i used "oz posts" to anchor the fence posts in the ground. where the fence goes over concrete, I had the brackets made. i used stainless washers under the plate so it is not in direct contact with the concrete. 3 3/4" redheads hold them in place.

I would appreciate your feedback for the Cleardeck system.
    We're considering adding it to our build, as it obviously keeps the cover hidden and out of sight. It sure is costly upfront!
    Thanks! - Beautiful build BTW!
    Assembly stage of:
    18x36 DIY IG - SWG - Pro-Logic P4 - Hayward Universal 12V LED - ClearDeck Inground Solar Cover System - 2 Skimmers, 5 Returns + 2 Step Returns - 400BTU Hayward NG Heater - 1.5HP Hayward TriStar 2sp Pump - 30" Hayward Sand Filter - 280sq/ft Enersol Solar Heating - Solid Safety Cover with mesh drains - 30mil TideWater Liner - - TF100 - 20'x30' Pool House/Dog House :)

New Lowell, Ontario, Canada.

vinyl liner pool build in Ontario, Canada NEW PICTURES

The clear deck is one of my favorite
    Add ons. It works well, looks good, saves on chemicals, keeps
    **** out of pool, keeps
    Heat in, so less solar pump time required (my electricity is time of use billing. Ie expensive during the day)

So bottom line. I use it, because it works as advertised.

My only comment is that it will work best on pools with a flat end, not irregular shapes since the shape of the coping the solar cover contacts while it is being rolled up can cause the cover to wrinkle a bit. We a double roman. A single roman would have worked a bit better. I'll take a picture of my solution.