vinyl liner pool build in Ontario, Canada NEW PICTURES

i believe they can be installed either way or both together forming an a frame, a number 7 or an hour glass. installed as a #7, they are called deck braces and it supports the concrete decking.

i have a combination of all of the above. there are "hourglasses" on the sides of all the swimouts/stairs/inwall ladder. adjustable A-frames at all the joints and deck supports everywherere else. the builder believes in lots of braces. the kit came with 15 adjustable a frames. i purchased braces for 22 other locations...

in some of the earlier pictures, you will just see the deck supports...the others were added later.

found a link to back it up... http://www.royalswimmingpools.com/Ing_brace.htm
hope this helps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can you give me the name of the company that installed your pool, we live in Toronto and are looking to do the samething....Thanks,

armstrr said:
I am pulling the permit shortly. I plan to do much of it myself, but am going to work with a hot tub technician that does 5-6 pools/year. Just need to wait till some of his former clients open their pools so I can check his work.

I would like to use this thread to ask questions as they come up. Hope you gurus out there can help.

Here are the basics. It will be roughly 20x40' with a diving end (8') and 3.5' shallow end. I want the ability to add solar. I plan on using a pentair system including the intelichlor/easy touch, intelliflo and the largest or 2nd largest cartridge filter available. One, possibly 2 LED lights. a few deck jets placed in shrubbary (perhaps). I would like to do an overflow spa, but somehow a seperate hot tub down the road seems easier. If we don't do the overflow, i will do a bumpout with jets or at minimum, have jets at the stairs so I can sit in the path of the heated returns.

There is a pool manufacturer 1 hr away that is highly regarded: Highbury pools, so I will likely go with them since the builder is farmiliar with their kits.

I'll start by asking about tigerflex flexible pool and spa hose. The builder says it is all he uses and he only has ever used 1.5". From my reading, I find most suggest 2" plumbing. I also read a lot of negative comments from southern states where termites like the taste of tigerflex. It appears that in northern states and canada, tigerflex is a usual product as it will handle freezing and ground heaving from frost...

I'm curious about your first year of Cleardeck use. We're in Ottawa and have had our pool installed last year as well. In looking for possibilities for solar blankets that one sure looked great (but since our pool is already done it may be too much trouble to try cut the concrete to install that system).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.