Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: vinyl liner pool build in Ontario, Canada NEW PICTURES

Re: vinyl liner pool build in Ontario, Canada

2nd set
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The big dig has begun! 20x47' double roman vinyl liner pool. Pentair EasyTouch 8PSC-IC40, Polaris 9300xi, Interfab Turbotwister slide, S.R. Smith T7 diving board with LED lit waterfall, 011018 Pentair IntelliFlo, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Filter CCP420, Pentair 120V IntelliBrite LED, Cleardeck indeck solar reel, 530 sq' solar system vinyl-liner-pool-build-in-ontario-canada-new-pictures-t30213.html

3rd set
    The big dig has begun! 20x47' double roman vinyl liner pool. Pentair EasyTouch 8PSC-IC40, Polaris 9300xi, Interfab Turbotwister slide, S.R. Smith T7 diving board with LED lit waterfall, 011018 Pentair IntelliFlo, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Filter CCP420, Pentair 120V IntelliBrite LED, Cleardeck indeck solar reel, 530 sq' solar system vinyl-liner-pool-build-in-ontario-canada-new-pictures-t30213.html

4th set

last set...for now

Re: vinyl liner pool build in Ontario, Canada NEW PICTURES

finalizing equipment
    upgraded to the 8 function easytouch with intellichlor
    added a t7 diving board with led and waterfall

Looking really good!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

At first I thought, that's the biggest, deepest, most rectangular pool I've seen. Then I wondered why the walls were styrofoam, then I saw the pic on page 2 and realized it's a.......house? For the inlaws?
    16x28 Roman, 55000 litres, salt water, Zodiac Duoclear 130 (mineral cartridge removed!!!), inground, vinyl liner
    Hayward Tri-star 1HP (1.85) pump, Hayward sand filter
    Nine Fafco Sunsaver 4x10 solar panels, Jandy LX 250 natural gas heater
    Jandy Aqualink PDA with Sub Panel Power Centre

Quote Originally Posted by rcy
    At first I thought, that's the biggest, deepest, most rectangular pool I've seen. Then I wondered why the walls were styrofoam, then I saw the pic on page 2 and realized it's a.......house? For the inlaws?
    that's what the neighboUrs are worried about...

its a long story...i didn't plan on putting a basement...it just kinda happened.

and the training course i took for those blocks had 2 pool builders in it. they are using these to form and insulate pools now. you can get curved forms. you can do it concrete, or drop a liner. i considered it, but then decided against it and ordered a regular pool kit.

roofing today. shingle are all on the backside... deck armor down in the front ready for shingles...tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by armstrr
    that's what the neighboUrs are worried about...

its a long story...i didn't plan on putting a basement...it just kinda happened.

and the training course i took for those blocks had 2 pool builders in it. they are using these to form and insulate pools now. you can get curved forms. you can do it concrete, or drop a liner. i considered it, but then decided against it and ordered a regular pool kit.
    Interesting...I wonder how much heat is lost through the pool walls in a normal steel wall vinyl pool, or even a concrete pool. Would the styrofoam help with that? When it comes to dropping a liner, wouldn't the styrofoam be too soft (like easily dented)?
    16x28 Roman, 55000 litres, salt water, Zodiac Duoclear 130 (mineral cartridge removed!!!), inground, vinyl liner
    Hayward Tri-star 1HP (1.85) pump, Hayward sand filter
    Nine Fafco Sunsaver 4x10 solar panels, Jandy LX 250 natural gas heater
    Jandy Aqualink PDA with Sub Panel Power Centre

You mean the pool is not going in the house

I too thought the styrofoam was for the pool,....then I thought what a neat indoor pool.

Nice work, can't wait to see more.

Thanks,
    John.
    "Experience is what you get, just after you needed it."

Owner DIY build, steel/liner kit, 18x36 Deer Creek, sport depth, approx 17,500 gal,
    Aqua Plus SWG, 1 1/2 hp, 2 speed, 300# sand filter and twin Color logic 4.0s, MX-8 Cleaner.
    My DIY Pool Build

Quote Originally Posted by armstrr

Interesting...I wonder how much heat is lost through the pool walls in a normal steel wall vinyl pool, or even a concrete pool. Would the styrofoam help with that? When it comes to dropping a liner, wouldn't the styrofoam be too soft (like easily dented)?
    It is 2 5/8" foam on either side of the concrete. I believe it ends up being an r23 wall. Just imaging pouring hot coffee in a concrete or steel cup. I wouldn't pick it up... Of course the greater the thermal gradient, the more effect the styrofoam will have. I think if you want to heat a pool in the shoulder seasons, it would be much less costly if it it were insulated by these forms. Of course you would keep a lid on the coffee, same as it is important to use a solar cover. Evaporation is the enemy.

The foam is actually very sturdy. It takes a lot of force to dent it. Above grade it would be a lot easier then underwater... I suppose I'd you purposely kneed it... But remember, it is backed by concrete, so you can only compress it so far.

7 ridge cap shingles shy of completion!

build began monday july 24, 8am

panels were installed as pool dug. a mini was used, so he threw behind him and a skid steer moved the earth (well....sand). you can see from how high my shop on the right is, we hit the water table, so the last picture was no great shock

walls going up

hole was dug and walls bolted up by 330...i could not have done that myself. at this point i am happy i hired it out!!!

leveling, shimming, and my high water table....

more pics

and more pics. leveling, concrete. extra braces installed around swimout, inwall ladder and stairs.