Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Design software

1. Back To Top    #1

Design software

I've seen some pretty neat backyard designs done on the computer on some of these builds. What software is out there that people are using to do this? I've seen mention of pool studio. Are there others that work well?
    16X32 AGP 6' deep end. 15,000. 1HP pump. 160 SqFt solar panels ground mount. 250lbs sand filter (aqua star)

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Design software

For 3D work pool studio is the best, and your investment is only $100 per month you use it. It is not the easiest program to master, but gives the best results.
    http://www.structurestudios.com/website/
    For a very simple to use 2D CAD system try one of the programs that uses Visio as the base.
    Down side is you need to buy the progam and Visio. Here is one place that sells them.
    http://www.pooltemplates.com/
    I have seen cheaper versions out there.
    You can also pick up a Microsoft Visio program on ebay fairly cheap.

3. Back To Top    #3

Pool studio helped tremendously, I actually don't see a way we could have ended up with the design we have. The renderings were used by all the crews.

Pool Studio Design:

Final Product:

38K Gallons IG, Intelliflow VS-SVRS, 30GPM 24/7, 72sqft DE Filter, Spectralight UV, Jandy C1900 driving Liquid Chlorine and Acid (toys, I know..), Jandy LXi gas heater, Aquacal SQ175 Heatpump, Riverflow Competition swimmer, Jandy automation, Touch and iAqualink, Pebblesheen | The Build

4. Back To Top    #4

Ditto on Pool Studio. It took me about 2 weeks to learn not master but enough to draw out the project. I discuss this in my pool build thread. Don't waste your time with box software you find in the cheap software discount-clearance bin at Staples. What I like most about Pool Studio is their drop in elements. Anyway someone from TFP should contact the publisher and get owner builders a discount or a 3 month special because that is probably how long most would want it for if theyre are not in the pool trade.
    OB Pool - 45K Gal. 64'x25' free-form IG - 35'x18" raised bond beam - Swim up bar w/ 5 stools - 14'x8 ' sunken patio/grill area w/ icemaker, fridge, SS cabinets, sink, granite counters, dual head grill - 14' spa w/12 venturi jets - 2 fire bowls - 1 firepit - Indeck drink cooler - 3 fiberlit waterfalls - 14' sun shelf with 2 fiberlit bubblers - 25 x fiberlit star floor fixtures - 5 Pentair Intelliflow 3HP pumps - Tiger Shark QC Cleaner - 4 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Intellichlor IC40 alt cells - Intellitouch i9 w/ i10x expansion - Pentair IS10 spa side remote - MobileTouch2 - 4 Valve Actuators - Silencer Blower - Pentair 520 Cartridge Filter - 2 fiberlit laminars - 4 Fiberstar Illuminators - Perimeter fiberlit bar counter and spa - 2 Bermuda Skimmers - 8 Returns - Hydrazzo custom color plaster - Natural quartz ledging - Glass Mosaic Tile - 2000 sq ft paver deck w/ double banded poured coping - Interfab G-Force Pool slide.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

http://Anyway someone from TFP shoul...he pool trade.

You pay monthy. $100 per month. Three months is $300 to use this amazing program, that is very cheap.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the replies. Looks like the monthly cost is well worth it!!
    16X32 AGP 6' deep end. 15,000. 1HP pump. 160 SqFt solar panels ground mount. 250lbs sand filter (aqua star)