Size and Model of New Pool

Jan 11, 2011
Kansas City, MO
I was wondering if anyone can provide any advice/opinions on the following two decisions we need to make:

24' or 27' above ground pool (54" tall)? The cost for the upgrade to the 27' is an extra $300. Would a 250lbs 23" sand filter (Hayward 256t) be sufficient for the 27'?

Should we go with:
a. Pool with resin toprail and foundation but steel uprights. Toprails is approximately 9" wide.
This pool is warrantied for 40 years with a lifetime warranty on the resin toprails and
foundation, and steel panel.

or

b. Pool with resin uprights, toprail and foundation. The toprail on this is narrower and the
uprights aren't as wide. This pool is warrantied for life and this warranty is not prorated.
Panels are same steel and have same coating on both models. The cost to upgrade from
option a. is $200.
Thanks!

How long do you plan to stay in your house? I don't know if resin makes for that much difference in the life of the pool. Take a good look at both warranties, paying particular attention to any exceptions and pro-rating that may be included. If the warranties are good, go with the pool that is more aesthetically pleasing to you.

Most people are happier with the larger pools. If you have enough room, go for it! Make sure you will have clearance to walk around the pool comfortably, and that there is plenty of space for the pump and filter. The filter should be fine for a pool that size, but if you can go bigger that would be even better.

If you're planning on keeping it a long time, for an extra $200 I'd go with the one with the non-prorated warranty, especially if that warranty covered everything. Top rails and wall isn't much of an issue but things like bottom rails and upright connectors are most likely to rust and corrode.

Also think about liner replacement down the road... 27' does cost a bit more from some places. 24' is more common and usually in stock more often.. Plus I prefer the Unibead or regular bead liners.. Over laps are just more of a Pain IMO..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.