Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Questions to ask Installer

1. Back To Top    #1

Questions to ask Installer

I have to call the installer tomorrow to schedule installation of our 27' above ground pool and wanted to know if there were any questions/requests I should ask? The pool is purchased through a retail chain (The Great Escape) and they set-up the installer. Thanks in advance!
    Wil-Bar 27'x54" Quest AGP
    Hayward 1HP Powerflo Pump
    Hayward 256 T Swimpro Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Questions to ask Installer

Ask if there is anything you need to provide (such as sand) so that it is there on the scheduled installation day. Do they haul away dirt, limbs, tree roots and other installation debris? Do they treat for nutgrass before setting up the pool?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

What is nutgrass exactly? Does it grow in the midwest (Chicago area)? I've never heard of it before.
    Wil-Bar 27'x54" Quest AGP
    Hayward 1HP Powerflo Pump
    Hayward 256 T Swimpro Sand Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Is the installer bringing the pool or has it already been delivered to you? We were delayed b/c the pool store ordered and delivered the wrong pool. When we verified with the installer when he came to put the pool in we realized they sent the wrong pool. It delayed our installation and then the pool we paid for was on back order. The good news was we got upgraded for free but it was a stressful few days that could have been avoided a week before when I first talked to the installer.

So I'd just make sure he is installing the pool you ordered.

I'd also go over what the charge is if they need to grade the ground. Our installation price included 6" beyond that it was $20 an inch. We had a 14" grade, luckily because of the pool error the pool store covered that for us as well.
    Currently Pooless

Former Pool:Buster Crabbe resin and steel 30'x15' oval 52" ABG pool Pentair sand dollar filter 1.5 Pentair Dynamo pump13,500 gallons