Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: LP Gas firepit and underground piping

1. Back To Top    #1

LP Gas firepit and underground piping

I'm having a gas fire pit installed on a new concrete / stone patio. There needs to be a pipe run about 20 feet from the house to the point where it will come up next to the point where it will connect to a flex hose for the fire pit. Given that this needs to be trenched at least 18" and the yard is already torn up due to construction there's no grass to repair.

Can someone tell me roughly what they would expect this to cost to have a licensed plumber do this? I'm looking for a ball park quesstimate and not a firm commitment so I know what I'm looking at when a quote comes in.

Note: There is already a black iron gas pipe running next to the sill of the house that so it basically needs to be tapped into and run through the sill to the outside or through the concrete depending on how this is done as opposed to having new pipe run indoors.

I do know any estimates are very rough and subjective but I have no idea on what sort of costs I'm looking at for this. This installation is being done in New England if that helps.

Any info appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: LP Gas firepit and underground piping

Welcome to TFP!

I'm thinking $600 to $800, but that is just a guess.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Central Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    Welcome to TFP!

I'm thinking $600 to $800, but that is just a guess.
    Thats pretty close I would think. Depends on how difficult the trenching is and how much is involved in tying into the existing lines. Plus permits if one is required.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

Riverside, CA

I have two lines on my contract. I think they are the BBQ and the Firepit

AccesssoryGasline Stub - 65 LF $746
    AccesssoryGasline Stub - 25 LF $479

We added some extra runs for the Tiki Torches and they had to up-size the main gas line. That should get you into the ballpark for So-Cal prices.
    40x20 Free Form IG Pool (aprox 29,000 Gal, 140 Perimeter, depth 3'6"-7', Baja Shelf, 8x8 Free Form Spa) - Gunite Shell, Pebble Plaster Finish, Poured Concrete Coping - 3 Deep Heat Returns - Jandy LXi400 Gas Heater (400,000 Btu) - Jandy Variable Speed Pump JEP 2.0 - Jandy CL 600 Filter - HASA Liquidator - Jandy PDA 6 w/ Remote - 4x Jandy WaterColors Pool LEDs - 48" Gas Fire Pit - 6x Gas Tiki Torches - 12'x15' U-shaped BBQ Island (Firemagic Equipment)

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks all. Appreciate the info. This gives me enough to be able to assess if my plumber is in the ballpark with his quote. The home is a vacation home and I find I have to be extra careful on quotes as some contractors (not all) seem to see that as a license to jack the prices up.