enhancing colour of natural stone coping

Jul 24, 2009
Toronto, Canada
When I built my pool in 2007 my natural stone coping was a beautiful black colour with brown and beige veins running through it. Over the years with the sun and I guess salt water the colour has turned to a dull cement looking grey and I have lost all the character of the veins also. The only time it looks good is when it is wet, last year I tried applying an impregnator from Techniseal and it looked better than new but only for a bout 2 to 3 weeks and then it looked even worse than it did before.

Is there anything I can do to get the colour and character back? :cry:

Thanks for your help
Mario

If it looks good wet, then a good sealer should help. The old sealer will have to be removed before applying the new sealer. Using a paint brush will give a better result than a roller. The brush allows you to work in the sealer creating a better finish. A roller tends to give uneven superficial results. Try a test spot first to see if you get good results. Using sealer can make the coping slippery when wet, so take that into consideration when evaluating the test spot.

I have visited a few stone places in and around my area and I found the following penetrating sealers.

Aqua Mix Enrich N Seal
Terra seal 4350 by Dyna

Has anyone had any experience with these, I know the Aqua Mix line is sold nation wide in Canada and the USA so some of you may have had experiences with it.

Please let me know
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.