Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IC40 with a breaker?

1. Back To Top    #1

IC40 with a breaker?

Does it make sense to install a breaker for my IC40 to keep the cell powered off in the Winter. All it does is flash and complain about "low salt" when it really means "low temperature."

If I were to add a breaker, how should it be wired?

Thanks!
    Ed
    17k in-ground, Pebble Sheen finish (Blue Granite), Solar, two skimmers, split drain.
    IntelliPro VS-3050, IntelliChlor IC40, EasyTouch 4 control system, Easy Touch wired indoor panel.
    300 CuFt cartridge filter. Polaris 380 with booster pump. Two IntelliBrite 5G lights.
    TF100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: IC40 with a breaker?

Instead of a breaker I'd add a local disconnect and wire the swcg power thru it. That makes it easy to service it if it's ever needed.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    Instead of a breaker I'd add a local disconnect and wire the swcg power thru it. That makes it easy to service it if it's ever needed.
    +1
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

The IC 40 plugs in to the power center.
    Just unplug it. Make sure power is off when plugging and unplugging.
    Then you can even take it out and replace with dummy cell if you like, but just sitting there wont hurt it.

5. Back To Top    #5

Perfect - found it. That makes sense and is free. Thanks PB!
    17k in-ground, Pebble Sheen finish (Blue Granite), Solar, two skimmers, split drain.
    IntelliPro VS-3050, IntelliChlor IC40, EasyTouch 4 control system, Easy Touch wired indoor panel.
    300 CuFt cartridge filter. Polaris 380 with booster pump. Two IntelliBrite 5G lights.
    TF100 test kit.