Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is my test kit still ok?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is my test kit still ok?

Hello!

I'm getting geared up for our first official pool season since having our pool installed in late August (my husband got in a couple of times last year but I didn't--new baby took up all of my time!). I have a question about my TF-100 test kit.

I kept the kit in my laundry room over the winter. Initially it was out on the counter but then I moved it into the closet farthest from the furnace etc. Because our washer and dryer are in that room plus the furnace, hot water heater, etc, it tends to get a bit warm in there on occasion. Do you think my test kit is still ok or do I have to get a new one?

I would be really bummed if I have to get a new one since I only used it for 1.5 months...but that would be my own stupidity. I'm still not quite sure where I can store it in our house without getting temp shifts. Might need to go in our office on a shelf...

However, if I do need a new one, this will be an excuse to get the Speed Stir at a discounted price
    21' round 54" AG Wilbar Quest; ~11,000 gal//Hayward Easy-Clear 125 sq ft Cartridge filter//Hayward Power-Flo LX 2hp pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is my test kit still ok?

I think it'll be OK. Freezing temps or direct sunlight are what really gets them.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok, good!

Still getting my speed stir, LOL.
    21' round 54" AG Wilbar Quest; ~11,000 gal//Hayward Easy-Clear 125 sq ft Cartridge filter//Hayward Power-Flo LX 2hp pump

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Yeah, I'll bet you are fine. That said, high temps never help so find a better place.

Watch your test results as you get ready for the season, if anything looks really wacky, you might post back up the results and see what other members think. I would suggest going to a pool store for a second opinion, but they are so darn unreliable that a second set of tests may very well be worthless.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School