Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Goldline SWG gone bad?

1. Back To Top    #1

Goldline SWG gone bad?

Hi All.
    My Goldline SWG has been working flawlessly for over 5 years until recently.
    Outside temp 80 degrees
    Water temp 73 degrees
    Cell working 65% for 2 hrs daily
    Salt level 3300
    Flow switch closed
    No air pockets
    Filters recently cleaned
    All water numbers within normal specs.

Now that we have the basis out of the way here is what it has been doing.
    Upon startup I get the
    Green power light
    The screen is working fine
    I get the blinking red flow light for a minute then it goes out and the Check cell light comes on solid yellow.
    But the green generating light comes on green life everything is working. Which it is generating chlorine.

So I changed out me cell with a brand new one and I get the same yellow light coming on to check cell.

So I replaced the brand new cell with the old one and it is still doing the exact same thing.
    The check cell light is on.

What do yo think is the problem?

FOUND THE SOLUTION

"To maintain maximum performance, it is recommended that you open and visually inspect
    the cell every 3 months or after cleaning your filter. The Aqua RiteĀ® will remind
    you to do this by flashing the "Inspect Cell" LED after approximately 500 hours
    of
    operation.
    After you inspect the cell press the small "diagnostic" button next to the display for 3 seconds to stop the flashing "Inspect Cell" LED and start the timer for the next 500 hours."
    In-Ground SWG pool 11,000 gal., Jandy CL460 Filter, 1.5hp Stealth Jandy pump, Paramount PV3 In-Floor cleaning sys., Goldline SWG, Hayward Color Logic 2.5 LED Light

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Goldline SWG gone bad?

I was going to say that.
    Darn fine print.

3. Back To Top    #3

do you have the right cell selected?

what happens when you press the diagnostic button for 5 secs?

still I think you probably have a bad pcb board. you got 5 yrs out of it and thats good. if you like fooling around and fixing parts in the board then try that but I prefer just to swap out the whole board one time. we know its not the cell so only can be the board. unless the wrong cell is selected or pressing the diagnostic button for 5 secs works..

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Aquatica,
    He already found the problem on his own.
    Bottom of his post.

5. Back To Top    #5

FOUND THE SOLUTION

"To maintain maximum performance, it is recommended that you open and visually inspect
    the cell every 3 months or after cleaning your filter. The Aqua RiteĀ® will remind
    you to do this by flashing the "Inspect Cell" LED after approximately 500 hours of
    operation.
    After you inspect the cell press the small "diagnostic" button next to the display for 3 seconds to stop the flashing "Inspect Cell" LED and start the timer for the next 500 hours."

Thanks
    In-Ground SWG pool 11,000 gal., Jandy CL460 Filter, 1.5hp Stealth Jandy pump, Paramount PV3 In-Floor cleaning sys., Goldline SWG, Hayward Color Logic 2.5 LED Light

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Just-a-PB
    Aquatica,
    He already found the problem on his own.
    Bottom of his post.

thats normal cleaning procedure. I thought since he had the system 5 years he would have already done that. so the cell lasted 5 years with no cleaning? this is the first time the check cell light came on? but it was solid yellow? not flashing..