Salt addition to new pool

XsAllOverIt

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Airy, Maryland
Just got salt delivered by PB. He didn't want me to put it in until I started using the SWG. I'm not going to start using the SWG until next week sometime. Is there any harm in putting the salt into the pool now? Is the best method to put it in simply to dump most of it equally in the deep end and brush around? Thoughts/suggestions requested. I do know I shouldn't turn on the SWG until all of the salt is dissolved, but want to make sure this is correct. The only thing that I could see as an issue is if I backwash between now and then and it rains, but that would only mean that I would potentially have to add salt, if needed?

You shouldn't add salt until 30 days after the plaster was applied. Other than that, you can go ahead and add salt any time.

You can just dump the salt in just about anywhere, spread it out a little if it all ended up in one big pile, and then run the pump for the next 24 hours. Don't turn on the SWG until after those 24 hours are up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.