Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Probably a silly question....

1. Back To Top    #1

Probably a silly question....

I am a relative pool noob. In digging around all the stuff that the previous homeowner left us for the pool I came across something that looks like a huge cover made out of blue bubble wrap. What is it and how/when do I need/use it?
    27K vinyl, FPS 48 filter, Polaris 280

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Probably a silly question....

It's a Solar Cover. You put it on every night after swimming to hold down evaporation and keep the temperature up.
    25k gal Lazy-L, vinyl liner, poly walls, swimout spa, diving board, TurboTwister slide.
    Hayward 2HP 2-spd pump, Pentair 2HP spa pump, Hayward 30" 500lb sand filter.
    Goldline Pro Logic PS-8 automation/SWG. 2 LED ColorLogic 4.0. 8 Jandy deck jets. MX-8 cleaner.

3. Back To Top    #3

Wow...learn something new everyday. Is there some way to keep it from blowing off? Of course, around here in the summertime I can't imagine having to keep heat in the pool.....

4. Back To Top    #4

If it fits well and is flat against the water it won't usually blow off. If you do have problems with wind you can weight it down with something like water jugs that won't damage the pool.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Cool. I guess I will have to drag it out this weekend and unroll it to check it out. Thanks!

6. Back To Top    #6

Here, I'll answer your next question before you ask it:

Bubble side down
    40x20 Free Form IG Pool (aprox 29,000 Gal, 140 Perimeter, depth 3'6"-7', Baja Shelf, 8x8 Free Form Spa) - Gunite Shell, Pebble Plaster Finish, Poured Concrete Coping - 3 Deep Heat Returns - Jandy LXi400 Gas Heater (400,000 Btu) - Jandy Variable Speed Pump JEP 2.0 - Jandy CL 600 Filter - HASA Liquidator - Jandy PDA 6 w/ Remote - 4x Jandy WaterColors Pool LEDs - 48" Gas Fire Pit - 6x Gas Tiki Torches - 12'x15' U-shaped BBQ Island (Firemagic Equipment)
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/new-p...ca-t28413.html

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare
    Here, I'll answer your next question before you ask it:

Bubble side down
    LOL....too funny. I was just about to ask!!

8. Back To Top    #8

Throw that puppy on the pool, it'll help warm it up real quick for the swimming season!
    33k Gunite, CompuPool CPSC48 SWG, Sta-Rite System 3 DE, 2.25hp dual-speed, POOLVERGNUEGEN Pressure-side