Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Advice needed on flowable fill as backfill

1. Back To Top    #1

Austin, TX

Advice needed on flowable fill as backfill

My builder wants to backfill the last 18" of depth around my fiberglass pool with flowable fill. The base and fill so far has been pea gravel. I can't find much information on using flowable fill as backfill for a pool.

Does anyone have any advice?
    3900 Gallon (18 x 8.5 x 5) Partially In Ground Fiberglass Pool -- 2" Schedule 40 PVC -- Hayward P4 Controller -- Goldline Aqua Rite Turbo Cell Salt Chlorinator -- Hayward 2 Speed Max Flo II 1 HP Pump -- Hayward SwimClear 225 sqft Cartridge Filter -- Hayward 250K BTU Natural Gas Heater -- Endless Pool Fastlane Swim Machine -- Cover Pools Manual Track & Reel Security Cover -- TF-100 Testkit

2. Back To Top    #2

Central Illinois

Re: Advice needed on flowable fill as backfill

When I was speaking to a PB about a fiberglass pool, he stated flowable fill is one of the best backfills to use. I used to work for a county highway dept. and if we had to dig a big hole under a roadway, we always filled the deeper part with flowable backfill. It is cement and sand no rock.
    DIY 18x36 Vinyl Liner 1Hp 2 speed super pump, Hayward Swim Clear cartridge filter, Pentair 12v Intellibrite 5G, MX8 suction pool cleaner.

3. Back To Top    #3

South Central NJ

Re: Advice needed on flowable fill as backfill

Its used because it's self compacting and leaves no voids.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.