POOL CLORINATOR INSTALLATION MAIN PUMP REPLACEMENT?

Jan 3, 2010
Claremont california
Hello Friends,

I hope everything is going good for you! I just bought a new 40k Aqua Rite Chorine generator for my 28k capacity pool. Since I have very little experience with pools and service, I wanted to ask if I need to replace my 8 year old 1.5HP single speed pump. The budget is tight but I need to take care of the pool properly even if impacts my bottom line. Also I was strongly considering buying a multispeed four speed pump from Pentair.
Please advice,
George

With the 40K unit on a 28K pool you should still be alright even with a fairly low pump runtime. If you are somewhere where it gets exceptionally hot in the summer you might need to increase the pump run time a little, but that seems unlikely.

JasonLion said:
With the 40K unit on a 28K pool you should still be alright even with a fairly low pump runtime. If you are somewhere where it gets exceptionally hot in the summer you might need to increase the pump run time a little, but that seems unlikely.

Thanks so much for input! I read many of your post to expand my learning.

To give you an insight regarding my pool details:

I live in S. Cal. the average temperatures during the summer are in the low 90's. My real concern is the extra running time for the pump to create the Chlorine properly.

Thanks again,
George

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.