NEW Install

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Filling should be done this evening or tomorrow morning and the electric is being done on Saturday.
It is still to cold, should I put some shock in the water and put a solar cover on or leave it uncovered til it is time to open?

I would like to have the pool ready by early-mid May.

Thank you for any advice.

Wait till Saturday to add chlorine. You don't need shock, just some bleach will do.

However, if you have a way to mix the water (brush, etc) then you can add a little bleach to the water now just to make sure nothing gets started.

For all purposes, your pool season has started. Run the pump for just 2-3 hours if the water temp is below 60 deg, but then increase the run time when temps come up. With the pool exposed to the elements and temps warming up, you'll want adequate FC and daily circulation to occur.

update...the electric is being done this saturday, couldn't do last weekend cause of rain. Water is still nice a clear.

I went to the store and asked them the start up procedures for pump and filter. They told me that I should have to filter on "Filter" Setting and then start the pump. Would this be correct?

Sorry for all the questions, but I do not want to screw anything up.

thank you,
Frank

They are correct. Have the filter on filter and start the pump.

It's a little late now but you should have been adding a little chlorine each day and brushing it around but I suppose one more day won't hurt anything. Just be prepared to shock since it's been as long as it has without any sanitizer in the water. Hopefully you won't need to but just don't be shocked if you have to shock! :mrgreen:

electric got done sunday and pool is up and running. what time of day is everyone running their pumps?

i had a trench and electrical inspection today, have to add some more grounding (bonding grid in the ground) and have
to move my convenience outlets closer to the pool. the pump is wired directly to the timer and i had the convenience outlet(GFI) added by the new deck area, which will be used for the tiki bar. it currently sits 25 feet away and IT can't be more than 20 feet away from the pool (really, that code sucks).

so i'm on my way and hopefully by memorial day weekend, everything will be completed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.