Rockstead

Sep 2, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I'll be doing BBB and in fact I'll be shocking my pool with Liquid Bleach picked up from the grocery store.

In applying the bleach, what is the likely hood staining my liner with the concentrated bleach, my pool and liner are 2 years old and in perfect condition, the thought of staining it worries me, is this even possible?

Thanks!

Hi! :wave:

As long as you are adding the bleach while the pump is running to circulate the bleach you should have no problems with staining. Add the bleach infront of the return. If the pump is not running you should add the bleach while walking around the pool. That will help circulate the bleach but you still need to move the water around so none of the bleach can concentrate in to one area. Brshing the pool is a good way of mixing the bleach with the water. I used bleach before I got my SWG and had no issues with staining in the pool.

:cheers:

Bleach and chlorinating liquid are denser than water when in concentrated form so if you just dump it in quickly away from a return or with the pump off then it can settle at the bottom of the pool still too concentrated. However, if you add it slowly over a return flow with the pump running and then additionally lightly brush the side and bottom of the pool where you've added it, then it will be thoroughly mixed with virtually no risk of any problems. Also, for vinyl, acid is more damaging than chlorine so extra care must be taken when adding acid to the pool.

The combination of acid and chlorine is particularly troublesome which is why a Trichlor puck resting against vinyl will almost always fade it or worse.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.