Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just an observation

1. Back To Top    #1

Just an observation

Hi all. Not sure if any of you go out and look at google maps to see other pools in your neighborhoods or not. I live in IA and there are pools around, but you have to look for them. Grew up in NW suburb of Chicago, cooler summers than here in IA, but definitely more pools around. I just happened to look for something in Grand Rapids MI, cooler summers yet, but I swear I was looking in FL or something. Looking at different parts of Grand Rapids MI and there are pools all over!! anyone have any ideas why? Maybe lots of pb's and the prices are lower so more people have them? Figured the cooler the summer, the fewer pools there would be. Not entirely true I guess. Do we have anyone from that area that might know why? Again, just an odd observation that I have made.
    16X32 AGP 6' deep end. 15,000. 1HP pump. 160 SqFt solar panels ground mount. 250lbs sand filter (aqua star)

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Just an observation

I think most people assume the Midwest has cool summers because the winters are cold. Much of the Midwest has very hot, muggy summers. Although they are shorter than they are further south, they aren't as much cooler as you might expect.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat