Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: The entered e-mail domain has no valid MX record

1. Back To Top    #1

The entered e-mail domain has no valid MX record

When registering, I had to try three different email addresses before I was able to actually successfully register.

I kept getting this error:

"The entered e-mail domain has no valid MX record."

They were most certainly valid and working email addresses, so seems like phpBB has a bug of some sort (or the security settings are too stringent).
    22,000 gallon vinyl in ground with Hayward S244T sand filter and Hayward 3/4 hp Super Pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: The entered e-mail domain has no valid MX record

Welcome to TFP!

That's PROBABLY an issue with a lookup server not working while you were trying to register. The MX listing is a verification that your email server is real. Jason hasn't mentioned any system tweaks to us.

Jason should be along to give a definitive answer.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

This check was added in the most recent version of the forum software and seems to malfunction on several popular domains, even though it works for most domains. There are dozens of complains on the forum software development board, and no fix available yet, so I have completely disabled the MX check.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice. Thanks Jason!
    22,000 gallon vinyl in ground with Hayward S244T sand filter and Hayward 3/4 hp Super Pump.