pressure drop

Aug 17, 2009
Cleaned the filter about 2 weeks ago and the pressure reading was perfect 9. Right where it usually is.

The past 2 days it has dropped to about 6 even as I increased the flow rate from 1800 rpm to 1900.

Should I worry?

The impeller is in the wet end (water part) of the pump and is what actually pumps the water. With the pump turned off, if you remove the pump basket and reach in at the bottom you will feel an inlet to the impeller. Sometimes you can reach in and pull out any blockage that may be there. However, sometimes you have to take apart the pump to remove the blockage but hopefully you won't have to do that.

Have you recently been vacuuming the pool with a lot of debris?

If all else appears to be operating correctly, you could change out the pressure gauge. They fail frequently but, honestly, a drop from 9 to 6 is not the way they typically fail.

I would still suspect you have a restriction somewhere on the suction side. I wouldn't "worry" much, but I would continue to investigate 'til I discovered the cause.

Have you taken the filter apart and inspected it? If an oring or gasket has slipped out of place or a hole has developed in the grids the pressure would drop. Since you say you disassembled it a couple weeks ago something might have slipped.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.