Gas Line costs for a Nat Gas Heater

Red Shirt Ensign

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 10, 2011
Looking for ball park estimates for running a gas line (trenched 60-70 feet from teh house or from the meter itself respectively)
to the 130K BTU Nat Gas Pool Heater

Since the installer would have a trencher on site I would also like him to run another separate trench (left open) so I can do the electrical run to the filter/heater pad) also around 60-70 foot long

What kind of costs do you think I'm looking at for that?

Thanks
Dan

Where I am at you can use the same trench for electrical and gas. I rented a trencher from Home Cheapo and trenched it myself. You can buy the material (yellow pipe, risers) from Ewing or another plumbing supply center and then hire the plumber with the right fuse heating equipment and pressure testing capability.

Ask the pool plumber if he knows someone competent with the right equipment. For me I ran 300ft :hammer:. The total cost for me was $200 to the plumber and $800 in material. I would imagine you should be able to pay $200 for the material and about $200 for the plumber. I would not pay more than $600 based on my experience but that is a personal and objective thing.

My lead on acontractor is through a friend of my wife who owns a fireplace store... so he gave is the name of a guy who does all his installations... that said He shoul dbe out this week to quote... but I thought I would get a ballpark idea. My friend is an electrician and can handle that portion fo rme for free (I do his PC work!!) I figured if the gas guy has the trencher I would have him 2 both runs and I won't need to fuss with a trnecher myself

Look for places that well the supplies. I had the same issue, I needed a gas line ran 40 ft, bid was around $1000. That is crazy, I bought a roll of 1" plastic gas line and the two adapter's to iron pipe for around $50, and did the digging myself. Very simple.

It just depends on where your located and the labor rates, I had a gas line installed at my house a few years ago for $250 by local plumber, total run length was only about 30 feet, but it did have several 90 degree turns, this was with iron pipe to match the rest of the gas pipe in the house.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.