Pool water features

Hi folks,

I'm in the planning stages of building an IG gunite pool, and came to the idea of adding or not adding some type of water feature...shear waterfall from a planter, bubbler, or the like. I don't plan on going with the full rock waterfall or a slide. I've read...here at TFP, that aeration of the water causes the pH to raise? Is the aeration of the pool a healthy thing for the pool water? or something that causes more chemical maintenance? I've not really decided which way to go on this, so increased maintenance may swing me one way or the other. Thanks for any thoughts here...

hi diver....

i'm in baton rouge, and i would highly recommend a few deck jets, which you can use to cool your pool in july and august.

just make sure all of your water features have their own lines, and valves at the equipment pad, so you can turn them on/off, and fine tune them.... so you can turn them off when you're tired of them, and also "use" them to aerate your water when you want to..... or not when you don't.

it's just flexibility... (and your money)....but those little add-ons shouldn't cost much to add...

i see you're in lafayette.... check out my signature.

steve

stevenbrla said:
hi diver....

i'm in baton rouge, and i would highly recommend a few deck jets, which you can use to cool your pool in july and august.

just make sure all of your water features have their own lines, and valves at the equipment pad, so you can turn them on/off, and fine tune them.... so you can turn them off when you're tired of them, and also "use" them to aerate your water when you want to..... or not when you don't.

it's just flexibility... (and your money)....but those little add-ons shouldn't cost much to add...

i see you're in lafayette.... check out my signature.

steve

I agree with Steve. I have a bubbler (geyser) in my beach entry that is plumbed separately. I turn it on when my toddler is in the pool (she loves it), but it stays off most of the time. I can adjust it to barely break the surface all the way up to shoot 10 ft in the air. Also, if I want to relax and sit outside with some rippling water sound, I'll turn it on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.