Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool water features

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool water features

Hi folks,

I'm in the planning stages of building an IG gunite pool, and came to the idea of adding or not adding some type of water feature...shear waterfall from a planter, bubbler, or the like. I don't plan on going with the full rock waterfall or a slide. I've read...here at TFP, that aeration of the water causes the pH to raise? Is the aeration of the pool a healthy thing for the pool water? or something that causes more chemical maintenance? I've not really decided which way to go on this, so increased maintenance may swing me one way or the other. Thanks for any thoughts here...
    Fortune favors the well prepared

The build...
    viewtopic.php?t=3974
    Freeform 24' x 38' IG gunite. 3 1/2' to 8' deep. 28,500 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWCG. Pentair Intelliflo VF. Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter. Colorlogic LED lights. Tahoe Blue Diamond Brite. 1200 sq ft stamped concrete deck.
    More details as they happen...

2. Back To Top    #2

hi diver....

i'm in baton rouge, and i would highly recommend a few deck jets, which you can use to cool your pool in july and august.

just make sure all of your water features have their own lines, and valves at the equipment pad, so you can turn them on/off, and fine tune them.... so you can turn them off when you're tired of them, and also "use" them to aerate your water when you want to..... or not when you don't.

it's just flexibility... (and your money)....but those little add-ons shouldn't cost much to add...

i see you're in lafayette.... check out my signature.

steve
    18,000 gallon gunite free form, with spa, 4x160, EasyTouch, SWCG, Pentair cartr filter, Colorlogic lights.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenbrla
    hi diver....

i'm in baton rouge, and i would highly recommend a few deck jets, which you can use to cool your pool in july and august.

just make sure all of your water features have their own lines, and valves at the equipment pad, so you can turn them on/off, and fine tune them.... so you can turn them off when you're tired of them, and also "use" them to aerate your water when you want to..... or not when you don't.

it's just flexibility... (and your money)....but those little add-ons shouldn't cost much to add...

i see you're in lafayette.... check out my signature.

steve
    I agree with Steve. I have a bubbler (geyser) in my beach entry that is plumbed separately. I turn it on when my toddler is in the pool (she loves it), but it stays off most of the time. I can adjust it to barely break the surface all the way up to shoot 10 ft in the air. Also, if I want to relax and sit outside with some rippling water sound, I'll turn it on.
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4
    Sometimes you want aeration, sometimes you don't. It is nice to have a fountain or waterfall so you have the option. Besides fountains/waterfalls are beautiful.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

OK guys,

Thanks for the input. I'll add them to the must have list...

I see lots of folks in the TX and LA on the forum. Good to see!
    Fortune favors the well prepared

The build...
    viewtopic.php?t=3974
    Freeform 24' x 38' IG gunite. 3 1/2' to 8' deep. 28,500 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWCG. Pentair Intelliflo VF. Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter. Colorlogic LED lights. Tahoe Blue Diamond Brite. 1200 sq ft stamped concrete deck.
    More details as they happen...

6. Back To Top    #6

We have 3 deck jets down the long side of our pool and a slide also. They are plumbed so we can turn them on and off seperately. My girls love the jets!! (And the slide)