Cannot close filter

G

Little back story, bought a house that came with a pool. Pool was unused for 2 years have a swamp. TF-100 kit on the way, in the mean time I bought a new cart for my Hayward SwimPro Voyager. Opened the filter, installed cart, put it back together, turned the pump on, gage read 0 psi. Took it apart, bought a new gage, installed, reassembled, gage worked. PSI rose fast due to swamp/gunk etc, took opened filter again, cleaned cart and CANNOT get the plastic ring that connects the two half of the filter to screw on far enough to click into place. It gets about 6 inches from the tabs where it should click in and will NOT move any further. I have wrestled with it for over an hour and have twisted with every thing I have but will not budge. I even tried a hammer (no a good I idea probably). I can back it off no problem so it is not seized but cannot get it near the locking tabs. Any ideas?

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 111
Take the cover off and double check that the sealing gasket is in the proper position and no debris has gotten into the gasket or lip where the cover meets the base on either the cover or base. Then try again.

I recommend against the hammer, although light taps are alright. A rubber mallet is much better if it comes to that. If you do use a hammer, you only want to vibrate it a little, not actually hammer it into position.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.