New Intex Pool with SWG

Mar 25, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We just bought a new 18 x 52 Intex Ultra & are preparing the ground for set up right now. Before we fill I'll be ordering either a 2100 gph or 2650 gph Intex sand filter without copper, I'm hoping, and an intex SWG. I've been reading as much as I can here but would like advise from those that have an Intex SWG, Do I need to buy an expensive test kit or can I get away with a salt test strip & a smaller test kit?

Tftestkits offers a TF-50 which is aimed toward the smaller pool crowd. If you already have a pH test it may be right for you.

Personally, with an 18' pool I'd go ahead and order the TF-100 and the salt test and be done with it. That'll last you a couple of seasons and you'll have enough tests to run whenever you wish.

lovemy3azboys said:
We just bought a new 18 x 52 Intex Ultra & are preparing the ground for set up right now. Before we fill I'll be ordering either a 2100 gph or 2650 gph Intex sand filter without copper, I'm hoping, and an intex SWG. I've been reading as much as I can here but would like advise from those that have an Intex SWG, Do I need to buy an expensive test kit or can I get away with a salt test strip & a smaller test kit?

Hi, :wave:

The Intex pools need to same water chemistry as the normal AGP. I would suggest you get the TF-100 just like Bama said. The cart filter that come with the Intex pumps are not up to par at keeping the water filtered correctly. A sand filter of any kind or brand would be a better choice. The 2100GPH and the 2650GPH are the same sand filter/pump combo. Normal operation is 2100GPH and has a max at 2650GPH. The SWG is the item that you shpould try and get without the copper. If you can't get one without copper you can always disconnect the copper portion of the SWG. Hope this helps.

:cheers:

Bama Rambler said:
Tftestkits offers a TF-50 which is aimed toward the smaller pool crowd. If you already have a pH test it may be right for you.

Personally, with an 18' pool I'd go ahead and order the TF-100 and the salt test and be done with it. That'll last you a couple of seasons and you'll have enough tests to run whenever you wish.

That's what I was leaning towards until I saw the cost... If I need it AND it will last more than a short time it will be a good investment. I just wasnt sure if the SWG would change my need for a better test kit.

The Intex pools need to same water chemistry as the normal AGP. I would suggest you get the TF-100 just like Bama said. The cart filter that come with the Intex pumps are not up to par at keeping the water filtered correctly. A sand filter of any kind or brand would be a better choice. The 2100GPH and the 2650GPH are the same sand filter/pump combo. Normal operation is 2100GPH and has a max at 2650GPH. The SWG is the item that you shpould try and get without the copper. If you can't get one without copper you can always disconnect the copper portion of the SWG. Hope this helps.

:cheers:[/quote]

On Amazon I found a 2100 gph & a 2650 gph & now looking into them further I see they both have the "item model #" 56671EG. So what your saying is that these are the same pumps?

crookm11 said:

lovemy3azboys said:
On Amazon I found a 2100 gph & a 2650 gph & now looking into them further I see they both have the "item model #" 56671EG. So what your saying is that these are the same pumps?

Yes they are the same pump. Some list the pump with the normal operating GPH (2100) and some list the pump using the MAX GPH (2650) I have this pump on my pool and it works great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.