Autopilot Digital use with Intelliflo VF

beezar

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 8, 2010
Houston, TX
So I went ahead and ordered an Autopilot Pool Pilot Digital. My question is with an Intelliflo VF (no separate automation system), is there a way for the Autopilot to just turn on when the Intelliflo VF does (ie: have them communicate with each other), or will I need a separate timer for the Autopilot?

Just be aware that the VF is always powered on, even when pump has stopped. Thus, if you need to have the SWCG truly OFF when pump is idle (not same as powered off as it always runs a program, even when not pumping), you need to look for an alternative method. In my case, I monitor the power output from the IntelliFlow VF using a Macromatic DPDT Voltage Control Relay and it shuts down the IntelliChlor transformer when power level drops below circa 145 watts.

This also allows running at superslow speeds with low GPM flow where there is deliberately low volumes through the system just for extra filtering. I run 24 hours @ 3 days a week @ 95 watts and 900 rpm

The Digital has the ability to set it up for One Speed Pump (even if you do not connect the pump to it). When programmed as such, the chlorine generator portion does not become active until the PUMP ON time is reached, then will allow the cell remain active until it reaches the PUMP OFF time. Any other time, the chlorine generator is not programmed to activate, even if flow passes through the trisensor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.