Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Autopilot Digital use with Intelliflo VF

1. Back To Top    #1

Autopilot Digital use with Intelliflo VF

So I went ahead and ordered an Autopilot Pool Pilot Digital. My question is with an Intelliflo VF (no separate automation system), is there a way for the Autopilot to just turn on when the Intelliflo VF does (ie: have them communicate with each other), or will I need a separate timer for the Autopilot?
    15k gunite pool. Intelliflo VF. Autopilot SWG.
    2k separate spa with waterfall (ie: pain in the rear maintaining a separate body of water). 2HP Hayward Tristar pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Autopilot Digital use with Intelliflo VF

Connect the Autopilot to the same power supply as the pump so that they both get power at the same time.

3. Back To Top    #3

NO need for an additional timer. Once you're powered like JamesW said, you can program the AutoPilot to come on whenever your pump comes on too. Go into the Installer Menu, and program it for One Speed Pump, then syncronize the pump run times to the VF.
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

4. Back To Top    #4

Just be aware that the VF is always powered on, even when pump has stopped. Thus, if you need to have the SWCG truly OFF when pump is idle (not same as powered off as it always runs a program, even when not pumping), you need to look for an alternative method. In my case, I monitor the power output from the IntelliFlow VF using a Macromatic DPDT Voltage Control Relay and it shuts down the IntelliChlor transformer when power level drops below circa 145 watts.

This also allows running at superslow speeds with low GPM flow where there is deliberately low volumes through the system just for extra filtering. I run 24 hours @ 3 days a week @ 95 watts and 900 rpm

5. Back To Top    #5

The Digital has the ability to set it up for One Speed Pump (even if you do not connect the pump to it). When programmed as such, the chlorine generator portion does not become active until the PUMP ON time is reached, then will allow the cell remain active until it reaches the PUMP OFF time. Any other time, the chlorine generator is not programmed to activate, even if flow passes through the trisensor.
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

6. Back To Top    #6

ok, thanks everyone. Just got the Autopilot today and will get it installed soon. Very excited.
    15k gunite pool. Intelliflo VF. Autopilot SWG.
    2k separate spa with waterfall (ie: pain in the rear maintaining a separate body of water). 2HP Hayward Tristar pump.