Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding heat pump, swg and controls, need help deciding

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding heat pump, swg and controls, need help deciding

I have a 20k gallon pool, in sw washington. The pool has an old, broken heat pump I plan on replacing. I would also like to add a swg and a control system that I can operate my pump, heater, and swg from. Currently have an old dial style timer for pump. I will be self installing all products with the help of a friend who does Hvac and has low voltage certifications. Currently been looking at raypak and heatsiphon Heat pumps, and just started looking at swg's and control. Looking for help on deciding what setup would be best.

Thanks
    Don
    20k gallon in ground pool sand filter in sw washington

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding heat pump, swg and controls, need help deciding

The Hayward Aqua Plus is a great deal for both a SWG and a good basic automation system.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Adding heat pump, swg and controls, need help deciding

Let us know what you decide.

I have a Goldline system I have been happy with....only 1 heater hooked to it, but it says it can control 2 heaters and solar if I ever add it.
    IG 24k plaster with overflow spa. Goldline PS-8 SWG. Tristar 0.75 HP filter pump, Polaris 280, large cartridge filter, 400k BTU NG Max-E-Therm HD, SR Smith Turbo Twister, Life Saver pool fence, ORP managed.