Short Pipe at Pump -Need to replace pump

Apr 17, 2011
This is a great source for pool stuff...I wish I found it sooner.

Need to replace the pump, but the influent side pipe is real short... Any suggestions so I do not have to replace my Jandy Valve? If I cut the pipe at the pump, do you think ther will be enough meat on the pipe for a Union? I can slide my pump back about 2-3 Inches to make up for the room of the union, but am concerned that there is not enough pipe to get into the union fitting.

Attachments

• 100_1572.JPG
    100_1572.JPG
    274.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 100_1573.JPG
    100_1573.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 42
It looks like there is just enough pipe right before the pump. Another option is to cut off the pump and then use a heat gun to soften that joint and tear out that short stub of pipe and replace it with something just a little longer. That is a little tricky but works well if you are cautious. Another option is to cut it off closer to the Jandy and you should be able to glue the next size of pipe into the inside of the Jandy (they are designed to take one size over the outside and a different size inside the lip).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.