Pool Paint/Resurface Questions and Help

Mar 13, 2011
So... I've taken this spring to do some much needed renovating to my pool. I'm not sure how old the pool really is, since it came with a house I bought 3 years ago. Even the first year I moved in the pool water/surface was always chaulking, but after last season, I finally made up my mind that I would do something about it this season. My goal is to paint the concrete floor with acrylic and the fiber glass walls with epoxy. I've drained the pool - and power washed. I'm planning on still acid washing etc... prior to any painting... BUT as I'm getting into this I've notice how bad the pool floor really is and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips / thoughts. I've attached some pictures to hopefully give an idea - but feel free to ask question as well :)

Attachments

• drained_pool.JPG
    drained_pool.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 202
  • power_washed.jpg
    power_washed.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 200
  • pitted_paint.jpg
    pitted_paint.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 200
Thanks for the quick response! and I was afraid of that response ;-)..... SO any other types of options... let me put this out there as well. Knowing whatever I do will only last 1-2 years - could I just repaint over it again? could I fill in any of the major holes with anything, and then paint? Seems there are some loose areas that just chip completely off, and then others that seem still very solid.

Again Thanks! Sounds tedious...but it may be the best option for me. Should I try to resurface with anything to level low spots? or just keep the pitted look/feel until I take the total sandblast approach.

They can make custom liners any size these days. The liner people will need to come out and carefully measure your pool, but they need to do that most of the time anyway. The main issue is that it will be a little tricky to mount the liner around the stairs. They can handle that as well, it is just unlikely to look perfect at the joint with the stairs.

Thanks for the response Jason! I've bought the paint already... which maybe I should have spent more time on this site prior to doing that ;-) Just to get a gut check - any idea what a custom liner goes for these days? My current plan... paint... hope to get two years... then at that time weigh the options? Sand Blast, Liner, etc...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.