Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Broken wire connection on heater

1. Back To Top    #1

Broken wire connection on heater

Hi. I have a broken wire connection on my Hayward heater. It is the last wire on the manifold on the outlet side. it looks like it was originally connected by some type of rivet. My question is, is there an easy fix? I didn't know of solder would work, or I have some epoxy left over form an auto radiator repair. Trying to avoid having to remove the whole thing and get expensive. Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Broken wire connection on heater

Which model Hayward heater?
    Can you post a picture?

The more information you can provide, the better your chances of someone being able to help.

20x40 free-form IG vinyl, 1hp Hayward superpump, Hayward pro grid DE filter, Raypak heatpump, Goldline Aquarite SWCG, Polaris 280 with booster, and tested using a Taylor K2006.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Orlando, FL

Agree that a picture is invaluable.
    Also, glue is notoriously bad as an electrical connection method. You'll want to try to stay with a crimp or solder type connection.
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

4. Back To Top    #4

It's a model H100ID1. No pic for it right now but will try and get one. Thanks.

5. Back To Top    #5

I've had severe rodent damage in my heater, and as mentioned above, easiest way to repair, if possible, is to use crimp fittings, then wrap with some electrical tape.
    Kansas City, MO
    13500 gallon Foxx vinyl sport pool--inground (1988)
    Cristal-Flo sand filter
    Ray-Pak 406A digital
    1.5 HP single speed
    400 gallon Heldor inground spa, octagon