Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polynesian low-hung liner pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Polynesian low-hung liner pool

I bought a house that has a 30 plus year old polynesian low-hung liner pool. The problem I have is hard bubbles sticking out of the fiberglass panels that sit above the liner. Does anyone know how to repair these bubbles? I will try to get pictures when it stops raining so you can see what I am talking about. Thanks for any help you can give me.

MonkeyLove
    30000 IG vinyl pool, DE Filter, SWG, autocover
    Northern Indiana

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polynesian low-hung liner pool

Blisters like that can be fixed, but it is a bit of a project. You need to cut them open, make sure they are completely dried out, sand them down, patch with an epoxy based fiberglass repair compound, and refinish. It is a fair bit of work and it makes a mess, which needs to be kept out of the water, but it is straightforward enough.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't know if this applies to fiberglass pools, but would think it does. Blisters in fiberglass are fairly common on the bottom of fiberglass boats that stay in the water. If you want to talk to someone about the process of getting rid of them look for a marina that does bottom jobs. They should be able to explain the process in detail. As Jason says it is a messy process and will be difficult to keep out of the water.
    Larry in Texas

Above ground 7,700 gallons, 19 inch sand filter ( 2 sq. ft.), Liquidator, and a WaterWay Hi-Flo Pump with an A.O. Smith 1 hp SF 1.0 motor.

4. Back To Top    #4

Here is a picture of the problem.
    [attachment=0:1oph1zdp]IMG_6504.JPG[/attachment:1oph1zdp]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Northern Indiana

5. Back To Top    #5

Has anyone ever had a pool like this where they covered the fiberglass with a regular liner all the way up?
    Northern Indiana

6. Back To Top    #6

Did you ever get help? We need a liner and having troubles finding one

7. Back To Top    #7

Hey Acebabe...I didn't notice your question until today...sorry. I had the pool redone....New concrete, pipes, liner all the way up over fiberglass, new coping. Basically a new pool on the old walls. It was not cheap!
    Northern Indiana