Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help with Goldline Aqua Cell.

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help with Goldline Aqua Cell.

Somehow while in the Diagnostics mode, the Instant Salt reading is zero and I cannot figure out how to get it back up. Now the pool reads the salt level as zero.
    The manual is not help on this.

Thanks
    8,000 Gal, 11 x 26.8ft Shotcrete Pool with "Cool Blue" Diamond Brite by ESSIG Pools with Artistic Pavers Deck
    Goldine AQL-PLUS w/Aqua Pod, Aqua-Rite T-CELL-15 SWG, Pentair WhisperFlo High Performance 1.5HP, 2 speed pump, Pentair IntelliBrite,
    Pentair 100sqft Cartridge Filter, 6 Pool returns, Skimmer and 2 Anti-Vortex Main Drains
    Pool's completed build 2/2010

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help with Goldline Aqua Cell.

Make sure the cable between the SWG cell and the control unit is firmly connected at both ends and not cut anywhere.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Need help with Goldline Aqua Cell.

Jason, it is. It was working earlier. I added salt and put the chlorinator @ 0%.
    8,000 Gal, 11 x 26.8ft Shotcrete Pool with "Cool Blue" Diamond Brite by ESSIG Pools with Artistic Pavers Deck
    Goldine AQL-PLUS w/Aqua Pod, Aqua-Rite T-CELL-15 SWG, Pentair WhisperFlo High Performance 1.5HP, 2 speed pump, Pentair IntelliBrite,
    Pentair 100sqft Cartridge Filter, 6 Pool returns, Skimmer and 2 Anti-Vortex Main Drains

4. Back To Top    #4

Your unit is fine.

Instant salinity will read 0 when the controller is in the "time out" sequence based on your output percentage.
    Instant salinity will read correctly when the unit begins generating chlorine.

Turn it up to 100%. You should hear the controller click on within a few seconds.
    Check the instant salinity. It should read correctly now. Reset the output to the desired %.
    poolschoolgrad

20x40 free-form IG vinyl, 1hp Hayward superpump, Hayward pro grid DE filter, Raypak heatpump, Goldline Aquarite SWCG, Polaris 280 with booster, and tested using a Taylor K2006.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Poolschoolgrad
    Your unit is fine.

Instant salinity will read 0 when the controller is in the "time out" sequence based on your output percentage.
    Instant salinity will read correctly when the unit begins generating chlorine.

Turn it up to 100%. You should hear the controller click on within a few seconds.
    Check the instant salinity. It should read correctly now. Reset the output to the desired %.
    Thanks, yesterday it said I needed salt as I was down to 2800. I added 40lbs. Now its reading 4600ppm. according to the pool calculator I should be at 3400

6. Back To Top    #6

What was your water temperature before? The salt reading is lower than actual when the water is cold.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    What was your water temperature before? The salt reading is lower than actual when the water is cold.
    83 degrees.

I added about a inch or so of water this morning after checking the cell and cleaning.
    I bump the chlorinator to 100% and I hear the click and running. It then reads 4500ppm and then shut down, saying to test salt levels.

Since I don't have a salt test, I will run to the PS later to have them check the salt levels.

I added 40lbs of salt last week as my reading said 2300ppm and I never added salt this winter. It jumped to 3200ppm for a week. We have been swimming and had some light rain. It dropped to 2800, so I added more salt.

Now I am thinking the SWG was not reading right and I indeed have too much salt now

But the SWG is shutting down. I hate to have to drain that much water and add more in the drought we are having!

Readings:
    -23.300V -9.38A 83* 4500ppm

Now once I turn up the chlorinator and get it to runs and read 4500pm, I set it to 0%.
    then it reads 2300ppm!

8. Back To Top    #8

Hurricane Gio - I had the same problem with my Aqua Rite and I believe the issue is that my cell went bad.

I kept getting low salt readings and would add more and then it eventually stopped working. So I took a water sample to the pool store and they tested it at 5000 ppm, so way high.

I read later that as the cells began to go out you could keep them going a while longer by increasing the salt level - but then eventually they quit working - which mine apparently did.

So depending on how old your unit is - mine was 4 years old, I think - that may be the problem.

I have been dumping water now and adding back fresh to get the salanity back down to the 3400 range.

Now I am in the process of getting a new cell for it.

Lots of luck with yours.
    14K gal, IG, concrete/plaster, 36 sq. ft. DE, 1.5 HP pump
    Laars Lite 2 Heater, The Pool Cleaner, BBB
    Southern california

9. Back To Top    #9

A fair number of pool stores are able to test SWG cells to see if they are good or not. It is usually best to call ahead and see if they can do it.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by poolintexas
    Hurricane Gio - I had the same problem with my Aqua Rite and I believe the issue is that my cell went bad.

I kept getting low salt readings and would add more and then it eventually stopped working. So I took a water sample to the pool store and they tested it at 5000 ppm, so way high.

I read later that as the cells began to go out you could keep them going a while longer by increasing the salt level - but then eventually they quit working - which mine apparently did.

So depending on how old your unit is - mine was 4 years old, I think - that may be the problem.

I have been dumping water now and adding back fresh to get the salanity back down to the 3400 range.

Now I am in the process of getting a new cell for it.

Lots of luck with yours.
    Thanks, mine is just over a year old (pool was installed last feb). Its seems to be running now, and not shutting down or having the check system light on. I will call the builder on Monday.

11. Back To Top    #11

After allowing the salt to mix for a few hours, what are the readings on the SWG now?
    poolschoolgrad

20x40 free-form IG vinyl, 1hp Hayward superpump, Hayward pro grid DE filter, Raypak heatpump, Goldline Aquarite SWCG, Polaris 280 with booster, and tested using a Taylor K2006.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Poolschoolgrad
    After allowing the salt to mix for a few hours, what are the readings on the SWG now?
    4600ppm. I added salt yesterday. It rained as well and today I added a 1" of water. It is running now. Check system light is OFF.