Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Server not found

1. Back To Top    #1

Server not found

I've been getting "Server not found" a few times today when accessing TFP. A retry once or twice then gets back to TFP. Is this message when the server is too busy to handle requests? I can understand the limits on searches since that takes a lot of processing power, but is just accessing the website limited/throttled as well?
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Server not found

"Server not found" usually means there is a problem somewhere on the Internet between you and our web server that is causing trouble connecting at all.

There is a extremely high traffic limit above which you will get the TFP logo and a message saying the server is overloaded, please come back later. But we have never been anywhere near that level of traffic.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Server not found

Well this happened to me again today, this time from a completely different location, so something is strange. Retrying a bunch didn't help, but waiting some number of minutes and trying again got through. I had no problem accessing other websites.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"