Looking for comments Compupool CSPC36 (Good/Bad/Ugly) SOLVED

bobodaclown

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2011
Murrieta, CA
Hello all. Thank you in advance for your comments.
We've got a 17K gal pool. Looking at an 8 hour pump run time. 4 hours at night/4 hours in afternoon.
Comments/suggestions/recommendations.

(Got a test kit no numbers yet) Looking for SWCG recommendations. I understand this is a basic unit. Price is the major consideration. (CSPC36 can be had for less than $700)

Bob

Re: Looking for comments on Compupool CSPC36 (Good/Bad/Ugly)

Welcome to TFP!

So far I have only heard good things about the CompuPool units. However, keep in mind that they are fairly new and no one has any long term experience with them.

I have had a Compu Pool in service for over a year now. It is a well built unit
and has some good features. It is easy to clean and has good water flow.

It has a internal timer for the pump or you can use a external timer.

Has been trouble free so far. I only run it 50% setting during the summer
with 6 hour filter time(25,000 gal pool). Makes plenty of chlorine.

Cliffs

I installed mine 2 years ago and it's worked great. I had no issues with the install or operation of it whatsoever. I bought it on ebay since I found the best price there at the time.

Thanks for the info. We take possession in 2 weeks. Got some time. Looking at a more energy efficient pump also. It's in the air CSPC36 or CSPC48. 17K pool full sun, not screened central Florida

Re: Looking for comments Compupool CSPC36 (Good/Bad/Ugly) SO

Getting an oversized unit is usually much less expensive in the long run, though you are correct that a 60K unit on a 17k pool is pushing it a bit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I've got a pump run time of about 7 hours. I'm running at about 30% output sometimes 40% or so. The difference in price between the CSPC36 and CSPC48 was $50. Time will tell.

bobodaclown said:
I've got a pump run time of about 7 hours. I'm running at about 30% output sometimes 40% or so. The difference in price between the CSPC36 and CSPC48 was $50. Time will tell.

Are you still pleased with the CSPC36?

I ended up purchasing the CSPC48. So far so good. No issues. I've only had it about a month. Installed easy enough. I'm running 115V because that what the pump is running on. I'm using the pump timer to control power. It holds the time when the power shuts off. See this thread:http://www.troublefreepool.com/cpsc48-install-t32089.html

Hope it helps you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.