Painting the LQ

Poolidiot

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2007
Texas
I know that some on here have painted their LQ to help "shade" it from the sun, I have a couple questions:

1. Did it really help?
2. What type of paint did you use?( and type that will stick to plastic)
3. Did you use a dark or light color paint?
4. Better to paint the whole tank or just the bottom part that the bleach sits in?

I am thinking of painting my LQ but wanted to make sure it really helps and make sure I use the right type and color to do the best job.

It really does help, but how much really depends on how often you refill your LQ. If you refill it every week it doesn't help much because the chlorine doesn't degrade much, even in the sun, that fast.
What you're trying to do is protect the chlorine mix from the UV of the sun to keep it from degrading.
Most people paint the whole tank and leave a 2" wide strip on one side to allow you to check the chlorine level.
The new Fusion paint for plastics is the best paint to use.
It really doesn't matter what color you use but white or neutral is the best because it won't gain heat like black or dark colors will.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.