tarp question again

dario

Feb 26, 2011
if i use 2 heavy duty silver tarps under my ultra frame pool and not the foam board would it be ok . i love the 2 inch foam board method but its just to expensive to buy even the 1 1/2 is a lot for 4x8 sheets. :x :x :x :x :x :x

Don't spend more for "silver" tarps... the silver is mainly to reflect light (UV protection) which is pointless for this application. A "tarp" is just polyethylene film with an inner nylon mesh to give it lateral strength. You might actually be better off with a thicker poly film if it's the same (or cheaper) than a similar size tarp. Consider landscape fabric (usually a polyester material) instead as it's probably just as cheap and has better longevity against roots and such anyway.

I leveled my area and sprayed with a strong mix of 2-4d and roundup pro ten put the pool .... A long as you make sure the grass won't grow you really don't need the tarp. I wanted to put foam board also but it was not in the budget as the new pool wasn't either but kinda had no choice since the old one busted a seam.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.