Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: tarp question again

1. Back To Top    #1

tarp question again

if i use 2 heavy duty silver tarps under my ultra frame pool and not the foam board would it be ok . i love the 2 inch foam board method but its just to expensive to buy even the 1 1/2 is a lot for 4x8 sheets.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: tarp question again

Foam board is optional. Just make sure the ground is level under the pool supports.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Treat the ground with an herbicide before covering with tarps.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Sicklerville, NJ

Don't spend more for "silver" tarps... the silver is mainly to reflect light (UV protection) which is pointless for this application. A "tarp" is just polyethylene film with an inner nylon mesh to give it lateral strength. You might actually be better off with a thicker poly film if it's the same (or cheaper) than a similar size tarp. Consider landscape fabric (usually a polyester material) instead as it's probably just as cheap and has better longevity against roots and such anyway.
    25k gal Lazy-L, vinyl liner, poly walls, swimout spa, diving board, TurboTwister slide.
    Hayward 2HP 2-spd pump, Pentair 2HP spa pump, Hayward 30" 500lb sand filter.
    Goldline Pro Logic PS-8 automation/SWG. 2 LED ColorLogic 4.0. 8 Jandy deck jets. MX-8 cleaner.

5. Back To Top    #5

I leveled my area and sprayed with a strong mix of 2-4d and roundup pro ten put the pool .... A long as you make sure the grass won't grow you really don't need the tarp. I wanted to put foam board also but it was not in the budget as the new pool wasn't either but kinda had no choice since the old one busted a seam.
    17,000 gal, IG, dark plaster, salt water
    All Jandy: 1.5hp pump, CL-460 Cartridge filters, Aquapure chlorine generator