I am new to the board, but I have been lurking for a while. Today I got my test kit and I was surprised at some of the numbers but I am going to post them along with what I plan to do to adjust them. Could you please let me know if I am on the right track?
My pool is an Intex 12 x 24 AGP with a SWG. I uncovered the pool last weekend because I read on here last summer that you should open early and close late to prevent problems. The water has been clear but there is some algae on the bottom which I have been brushing to try to get filtered out. I read in pool school that I should use the pool shock for four days which I did today for the first day. This was before my Taylor K2006 test kit arrived in the mail So with that being said, I took a sample of water, then added the one pound bag of shock and then tested the water so please keep in mind that my numbers are preshock.
FC - 9 ppm
CC - .5 ppm
PH - 7.8
TA - 130 ppm
CH - 125 ppm
CYA - 40 ppm
Do these numbers even sound reasonable (possible)? My plan was to use dry acid to lower the PH and the TA but I need to go back to pool school to figure out how to lower the CC.
I am guessing that the one pound of shock I added should bump the CYA up more, then should I switch to bleach to try to control the algae?
Thanks in advance for all of your help!