Susan B from WV

SusanB

Apr 15, 2011
Hi Everyone, I have been lurking for awhile, but I finally got my Taylor test kit so I thought I would introduce myself finally. By the way, the test kit is amazing. It is a bit intimidating at first, but I think it is just what I needed. Anyhoo, I live in Princeton, WV and finally got my pool last summer in late July. I didn't do much last year with it as it was so late in the season, but this year I am trying to do everything right.

When I got the pool last summer, we set it up and filled it up (Intex Ultra Frame, 12 x 24 with a SWG.) Things went well last year and for winter we drained it some added some closing chemicals from intheswim and covered it with a tarp. I uncovered the pool last weekend and to my surprise, the water was CLEAR!!!

So that is my pool in a nutshell and I'm sure I will have lots of questions for all of you chemistry geniuses :-D I look forward to reading about all of your pools!

Welcome Susan! I'm new to TFP also and will probably be asking for lots of help. I've had a pool for 11 years and this year I plan on taking control of it away from the Pool Store. I was never informed about the pucks and tabs driving up CYA and I have been using them all this time. They never mentioned it when they tested my water and after looking at last year's weekly test results my CYA was ALWAYS 100. I'm guessing they never tested it. I'm planning on going the BBB route and using my new TF100 test kit. Get ready all you experts--pool opening is second week of May, weather permitting.

Susan (and Debbie) WELCOME to TFP!!

I lived in Wheeling, West (by God) Virginia for a couple of years, wayyy back :)

I think your ease of maintenance is due to the SWCG (and of course finding this site :wink: )

Opening 'clean', not green, is due to the solid cover you used :cheers:

Ask your questions, when you get the pool open. The best way to find the 'real' answers to your pool questions is to ask them here and follow the advice you receive :goodjob: