Found a problem after uncovering pool

linda1

Mar 26, 2010
Western Pa.
After we removed the cover, we noticed if we follow the water line around, it was way off on one side. I'm guessing that the one area of the ground sunk? I also guess there is nothing we can do about this?
south side
original.jpg

north side
original.jpg

The only effective way to fix that is to drain and remove the pool, re-level the ground, and set everything back up again.

That is pretty far are off level. It looks like it is far enough out that you might be at some risk for part of the wall collapsing.

How much is it off from the highest to the lowest point and over what distance? My eyes aren't what they used to be and all the reflections of that 'purty water ain't helping either!

A couple of inches over any amount of distance may not be too bad for that whopper size pool. Have you checked to see if the toprails are reasonably level besides just the water level on the liner being off?
I'd think you'd be in a lot better shape if the bottom of the pool in that area just sunk some and stretched the liner than if it had pulled the toprails out of level or the posts had sunk as well. Heck I was off almost that much years ago on a 10 ft round pool when my daughter was little and it lasted till she got tired of it. Then I TOOK IT DOWN! It didn't collapse. Don't give up hope just yet!

Mine has been like that for about 5 years. I keep an eye on it and it has never gotten worse. The pool is close to the property line and our neighbor had removed a big tree a couple of years before we installed the pool. Looks like one of the big roots ran under that part of the pool and we had a little sinkage after the root decomposed. Walls are perfectly straight.

Have you checked to see if the toprails are reasonably level besides just the water level on the liner being off?
I'd think you'd be in a lot better shape if the bottom of the pool in that area just sunk some and stretched the liner than if it had pulled the toprails out of level or the posts had sunk as well.
I'm not sure how to check the toprails for level. I walked around and I can see the bottom rail all away around the pool, so it doesn't appear to have changed any. My worrying might be for nothing if the cats shredded the liner. I have a post telling that story.
frustratedpoolmom, it will bother the heck out of me too.

I meant the toprail of the pool. Lay a 2x4 across sections and check it with a level unless you can just eyeball it and tell. Probably not if it isn't very obvious. Sorry about the kitties!~

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.