Pentair Intelliflo VS 3050 with Intermatic T104P3 timer?

SWpisces

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 13, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
Hi! New pool owner here with question on pump and timer....our PB doesn't seem to use many of these pumps and is putting this combination together.
Will this mechanical timer work with this pump?

Kudos to this site and all you participate in it---you ROCK!

Thank you for your time and help!
Julie

30,000 gunite pool, Pentair Intellifo VS 3050 pump, Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 520 Cartridge Filter, Jandy SWG, no heater, automatic cover, Intellibright LED Pentair light

Thanks so much for your quick reply!! We are assuming also that since we reset the RPM (to get our GPM's for our size of pool) and it was locked in, it goes back to that locked speed---(hope that made sense). We want to be @ 1200 RPM's and set it to that on the 1st speed...the electrician was just hoping it goes back to that speed.

You have convinced me with your quick reply I will be a lifetime supporter of this site!! Signing up now! Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

Welcome to TFP :wave:

If you look on page 22 of the pump manual it tells you that it can be hooked to a timer and tells you the type it should be. So to answer your question, Yes, it will work with a mechanical timer. It just needs to be a double pole timer.

As Jason said above, it restarts at the speed it shutdown at.

Thanks again guys....did read that page but there still seemed to be a little ambiguity from electrician if it would go back to the right speed---like I mentioned, they don't put too many of these pumps in I guess. (still using one speed for the most part). I also was concerned that this timer might be hard on the pump as somewhere in another forum somebody mentioned that. It seemed when I researched timers on the different forums there wasn't a clear cut answer that I could find----but you have confirmed my question.
My husband has been giving me a hard time about my initial thoughts of "well, the pool builder should know!---just let the pool builder handle it all!" ...we will forever have a joke on that premise! haha...we've been on a crash course of pool school! Your site has been invaluable.
Thank you!!!
Many thanks for your time and expertise!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.