Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vickey from Keokuk, Iowa - Intex Ultra Frame Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Vickey from Keokuk, Iowa - Intex Ultra Frame Question

Hello, I am vickey from Keokuk, Iowa. We are strongly considering getting an ultra metal frame ag pool that comes with a sand filter (1600 gpm( I would also like to add a salt chlorinator and use common household chemicals to treat the pool. The size of the pool dictates since the space in our yard will only allow that size and nothing bigger. WE used to have the intext easy set pools where I hooked up a sand filter too and they were fine but they just don't last long and taking them down for the winter is a pain. Will I be able to keep this metal frame pool up year rould? Is the 1600 gpm sand pump big enough for this pool? What should I look for when I am buying a salt chloinator. And last but not least should I invest into a sweeper for the bottom of the pool and if so which one (of the cheaper ones). ASlo, Will a solar cover benefit me? I am very cold blooded and was hoping the cover would help some of that. What kind should I be looking for. What sites are repritable and offer good values? Thanks! Sorry with all these questions. I just want to make sure I go into this with my head up.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vickey from Keokuk, Iowa - Intex Ultra Frame Question

Hi Vickey, welcome to TFP

I split your question into it's own topic as you should start a new thread with questions specific to your situation. If your pool comes with an intex sand filter and pump, I think you will be just fine. Below is a handy link to some intex specific threads, including how to plumb in a intex SWG.

24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Vickey from Keokuk, Iowa - Intex Ultra Frame Question

Welcome to TFP.

One thing I would change would be the sand filter. I would go with the 2700 gph model. You can even get the sand filter & pump with the swcg as a package.

A solar cover wil definitely help you.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit