Polaris AutoClear Plus Questions

Apr 13, 2011
I bought a house last year that has a pool with a Polaris AutoClear Plus system. The local pool guy doesn't know much [if anything] about them - or so he says - and I am totally new to pool ownership. The system has error code 94 on it and I've seen a lot on the internet about this particular error code. The two things I'd like to check myself are 1)the fuse to see if it is blown and 2)the cell to see if it needs cleaning. The thing is, I don't know what these two things would look like if they are the problem. The fuse I have pulled out looks normal [no cloudiness or black/dark areas like most blown fuses] but does that mean it's Ok or should I just replace it in case it's bad? I have not taken the cell loose and I've read the instructions but can anyone describe what I would be seeing if there is "scaling" or if it needs to be cleaned? Anyone out there who could help me?

Thanks!

If you have a multimeter, you can do a continuity test on the fuse. If not, just replace the fuse to see what happens.

The cell contains several metal blades in parallel. The blades should be clean. If you see white deposits, then that is scale and it should be cleaned with acid as per manufacturer's instructions.

What is your salt level?

Also, check the cord to the cell for any damage and make sure it is making a good connection.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.