(a) The Commissioner or his or her designee may, in accordance with the general purposes and intent of N.J.S.A. 26:4A-1 et seq., and amendments thereto, waive sections of this chapter if, in his or her opinion, such waiver would not endanger the safety or health of the public.
(b) Any agency, organization, or entity seeking a waiver of the standards in this chapter shall apply in writing to: Consumer and Environmental Health Services New Jersey State Department of Health and Senior Services
PO Box 369 Trenton, NJ 08625-0369
(c) The written application for waiver shall include the following:
1. The nature of the waiver requested;
2. The specific standards for which a waiver is requested;
3. The reasons for requesting a waiver, including a statement of the type and degree of hardship that would result upon full compliance;
4. An alternative proposal which would ensure public safety; and
5. Documentation to support the waiver application.
(d) The Department of Health and Senior Services reserves the right to request additional information before processing an application for waiver.