opinion on running plumbing under collar

Apr 7, 2011
Hey guys,
I was hoping for some opinions....
I was planning on pouring my concrete ring around my pool walls, then backfilling some and finally running my plumbing so that the pipes were a little higher and less subject to the weight of the backfill. I spoke with a guy today and he suggested that i run the plumbing and pour my concrete ring over the pipes essentially "locking" the pipes into place. He said this is safer and the concrete will support the weight of the backfill and they will be safer encased in the concrete ring. Do you guys think this is safe? it makes pretty good sense to me but I am very new at this. I kind of wish there was only one way of doing this- it would eliminate a lot of my questions lol

I've come across countless pools (usually over 20 years old) where the backfill has sunk and dragged the plumbing down with it breaking unions. This is usually due to poor compacting of the backfill. I usually fit the plumbing to the back of the pool wall with standard pipe brackets, and then chamfer mortar up to the pipes, top and bottom so the pipes in effect become part of the shell. I think you PB is planning this and I'd highly recommend it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.