Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to replace Jandy AquaPure 1400?

1. Back To Top    #1

How to replace Jandy AquaPure 1400?

Split off of this topic. JasonLion

I just did a replacement of the 1400. My old one was square in shape, which is pictured below:

The new one is rounded like this image below.

The black ring that secures the cell on each side was different in size, so I had to cut out the 2" PVC around it and rebuild the plumbing to accept the new end connectors.

Now I have the new one in, and went to connect the wires to the controller, and "low and behold" the wire colors have changed! My old square cell had a green single wire, and then two others that were joined together (white/black).

I contacted Zodiac (formerly Jandy) through their contact form, and this is the response I received within a few hours.

ME: I bought a new Purelink cell PLC1400 to replace my old one. The old one was square, this new one is rounded. the wiring in the controller is requesting a green wire, while the new part has a blue wire. Please let me know what do do.

ZODIAC POOL SYSTEMS: I'll be glad to assist here. The DC cable colors have changed. The PCB board will list a green which goes to the red on the cable and the black/white on the PCB goes to the blue/black on the cable. Please let me know if this make sense or if I can further assist.

ME: Great, that is how I have attached. Does the old PCB board work with the new 1400 cell?

ZODIAC POOL SYSTEMS: Yes it will work.

ME: Any advantages in upgrading to the new PCB board firmware-wise?

ZODIAC POOL SYSTEMS: No advantage, it will still work the same.

Tech Contact that answered my emails.
    Technical Support Representative
    Zodiac Pool Systems, Inc.
    2620 Commerce Way
    Vista, CA 92081
    Office: (800) 822-7933, ext. 3280
    Fax: (800) 479-8324

The thing I'm calling the controller is the box in this image:

Old wires (from old square cell):

New wires (from rounded 1400 cell) plugged in:

And if your wondering, the sensor plugged in just find, see the new sensor wires plugged in here:

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to replace Jandy AquaPure 1400?

Don't forget to PUT THE RING COUPLER with THREADS ON the PVC PIPE BEFORE gluing the end connectors on!!! I did forget, but instantly pulled off before the PVC cement was dry and was able to recover without ordering a new part... phew!

3. Back To Top    #3

BTW, the Jandy Purelink Cell 1400 3-Port 16' Cord 1.5 Abs Unions cost me $659 on SKU: PLC1400, LMK if you know a better place to purchase things like this for less.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Silver Spring, MD

I saw it for $489 & free shipping at Pool Supply World.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Alexandria, VA Zone 7

Thanks for the great posting and photos for this installation. I was trying to figure out how to make it fit and now realize that I must cut out the two sections and replace with the two slightly larger black pvc connectors. I was hoping I could just replace the old cell without any new plumbing work.
    20,000 gal. DE In-ground 16x34 Gunite (2005) Jandy Saltwater Generator

6. Back To Top    #6

If you are still looking at this thread. You would have thougth the rocket sci at Jandy would have used the same connectors so you could just drop it in. You could leave your old sensor in line and just hookup and connect the new one.