Combo nylon/stainless steel wall whale brush?

Jul 30, 2007
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I have a plaster pool that was replastered a few years ago. I read on another thread that I should regularly use a 50/50 combo nylon/stainless steel brush. The only place I can find a Whale Wall 50/50 is on the manufacturer's site (http://gabcoproducts.com/proddetail.php?prod=4-WW3004EH) for $40 plus shipping. I already have a 50/50 brush. I'm trying to figure out what my best option is:
1. Buy the Whale Wall Combo Brush for $40
2. Buy the regular Whale Wall Brush for $25 and retro fit my current brush. (How easy is this to do? One poster above said he had to drill some new holes, but the plastic is soft. I matched up my brush to one at the store and saw that the holes were just barely offline so if I drilled a new hole it would just make one bigger hole. Also, my brush has an aluminum handle so I would have to drill into metal; not plastic.
3. Buy the XL Whale Wall Brush for $26. If I didn't really need a 50/50 brush I would get the XL brush because the brush contours look like they would work on my pool surfaces well.

Any advice is apprecieated!

I suppose it is really a question of how adventurous you are. I'm sure you existing brush could be retro fitted, but it might require some creativity/effort. What is it worth to you to have two brushes (the old one and a new combo wall whale) vs figuring out a retro fit that runs a very small chance of breaking both of them?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.