Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jacuzzi, Dimension 1, HydroPool, or HotSprings?

1. Back To Top    #1

Jacuzzi, Dimension 1, HydroPool, or HotSprings?

I was familiar with other brands up north (Cal Spa, LA Spa, Caldera), but have no first hand knowledge of the brands I can find down here. Anyone care to weigh in on the quality of these brands?

One of our local dealers carries Jacuzzi, Dimension 1, and HydroPool. They offered a nicely discounted HydroPool model that they wanted to get rid of, but I'm still not sold on that brand... Nice features, but just seems a little unknown... And while the floor drain seems cool, I can also see how it might be a service nightmare. That said, this dealer is small/family owned, has been around a while and services all brands. So I think I could trust them to take care of me if needed.

On the flip, the guy at HotSprings just didn't give me the feeling that he knew enough to trust. Just rattling off the basic info I could get in the pamphlet. So I'm not sure how great my service experience might be with those guys.

Any thoughts are much appreciated!
    Author of The Pool Tool for Windows Phone 7.
    8,600gal PebbleTec, Pentair 2hp, Cartridge Filter, Solar Heat. Hopefully SWG Soon!
    Old -- 22,600gal Vinyl Inground, Hayward 1.5hp, 350# Sand Filter w/ZeoBrite, Color Logic, Aqua Rite SWG. Computer geek.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jacuzzi, Dimension 1, HydroPool, or HotSprings?

Quote Originally Posted by habajaba
    I was familiar with other brands up north (Cal Spa, LA Spa, Caldera), but have no first hand knowledge of the brands I can find down here. Anyone care to weigh in on the quality of these brands?

One of our local dealers carries Jacuzzi, Dimension 1, and HydroPool. They offered a nicely discounted HydroPool model that they wanted to get rid of, but I'm still not sold on that brand... Nice features, but just seems a little unknown... And while the floor drain seems cool, I can also see how it might be a service nightmare. That said, this dealer is small/family owned, has been around a while and services all brands. So I think I could trust them to take care of me if needed.

On the flip, the guy at HotSprings just didn't give me the feeling that he knew enough to trust. Just rattling off the basic info I could get in the pamphlet. So I'm not sure how great my service experience might be with those guys.

Any thoughts are much appreciated!
    I see nobody has chimed in yet. I don't know much about the spas you listed. I have had great success with Hot Springs and Sundance. Both hold their resale value, have great warranties, and excellent customer service. Plenty of dealers and just about anybody that does spas can work on them. I have had only one repair that wasn't warranty.
    Pool #1 IG 24k Diamond Brite plaster with spill-over spa. Jandy Aqua Link RS One Touch with built into pool floor cleaner. Jacuzzi Magnum pump/basket feeding Hayward top mount Zeosand filter. Jacuzzi Magnum pump/basket for Spa Jets. Heat Siphon pool heat pump. Dolphin Robotic pool cleaner.

Pool #2 IG 35K 20X40 Vinyl. Hayward top mount Zeosand filter with Pentair 3 HP IntelliFlo VS+SVRS. Chemical Free pool using Water Doctor Copper Ion Generator, PoolSkim, Polaris 9300 Sport robotic pool cleaner, Heat Siphon pool heat pump, solar blanket, Ameri-Dome 50X30 dome enclosure during Winter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Jacuzzi, Dimension 1, HydroPool, or HotSprings?

D1, HotSpring or Sundance in that order. Anything else is second best. I used to do service work and have been to the factories for service training of D1 and Sundance. They use top quality parts and the quality control acually dose thier job. Remember you pay for what you get.